Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Dr. Seuss Classroom x3

It's been a while, I know.  Well if you've perused my most recent (not-so-recent) posts at all you'll know that I've been busy with mommy things.  And SURPRISE! My little girl is not even a year old yet, but we are adding one more to the team.

Can't. Believe. It.
I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have been sick, sick, sick for, oh, the  last 4-5 months.  Ug. But I would rather not dwell on that, so let's get on to the real reason I came to the couch: I'm starting a preschool! (Big cheesy, plastered on grin with deer-in-the-headlight eyes). Am I insane? Yes. Yes I am.  But it makes me happy! So that's what I do. I do crazy and I like to think I do it pretty well.  I'm starting a preschool and mid-school-year I will be the momma to not one, but two babies under the sweet age of 15 months.  Heaven help me.
To the credit of my questionable sanity, I should add that I decided to quit teaching elementary to teach preschool from home BEFORE I found out that I was pregnant with baby #2.  I already had a full class enrolled, so here. we. go!

Anyway, if you made it this far you really deserve a ticket, or a token, or a sticker, or something. Good job! And don't let my candid apprehension fool you.  Let's get one thing straight: I love to teach. I was born to be a teacher. It's in my blood. Just like I know I was made to be a mom. I'm so happy and grateful to do the things that I love. What a gift.

Alright, alright already. Pictures, yes, the reason you visited my obscure, neglected, little blog in the first place. Can I get a drumroll please? And thanks for visiting! Come again.
Months ago, before I knew I was pregnant {again!} I deliberated long and hard about what to name my preschool. If you know me at all you know I've been kickin' around the Dr. Seuss theme for a few years now (Dr. Seuss Classroom x3 - yes it really is my THIRD Dr. Seuss classroom. 1st grade. 3rd grade. Now Preschool.) Finding a name was not an easy feat! But eventually I decided on 'Thinkin' Things.'

My handiwork sign I'm not such a fan of, but check out my little helper. Could she be ANY cuter? 
(Okay, fine, I admit I might be a little biased.)
So we had a little Open House and here's my front door...

And here's your view as you descend the stairs...
 And here's a little-bit fish-eyed attempt at showing you what the whole place looks like...
...and the other half. 
Have you ever taken an iphone panorama? 
I hadn't, (guess I need a little practice - those stripes really DO line up on the wall) but what a cool little feature! 
Here's the hooks and alphabet (an awesome baby shower gift from a friend!) where the kiddos will hang their backpacks.

 The snack/art/craft/science table AND our pull-down maps. Probably my FAVORITE feature. I convinced my old principal to let me buy them from the school. :)


Our Thing 1 Buddy to "watch out" for everybody and make sure we are all playing safe and be a "model student" for us too - sitting on the special "Thing of the Day's" chair. 

(My "Thing of the Day" is basically like a "Student of the Day" or "Teacher's Helper". It does WONDERS to help with behavior and keep kids motivated) 
 Our writing/listening/reading/drawing table with student cubbies and the special Thing 2 chair cover for my "Thing of the Day" (see how I made it here). 
The AWESOME Dr. Seuss shelf facade my husband made way back when but that didn't get assembled and painted until just now! And a $5 thrift store chair I sanded, painted, and recovered.
 And the playroom! $10 door from the thrift store, easily cut in half by my handy, handsome hubby with a perfect puppet-show ledge stained and added to the top.  
Too bad the lighting makes it near impossible to get a good view inside the playroom. Just take my word. It's pretty awesome. Imagine one blue wall. One bright pink. The rest is a chalkboard. And filled with toys, games, puppets, dress-ups and more. Is it obvious I love it?
 And last, but not least, we have our math wall complete with calendar, shapes, months, days, and color-coded hundreds chart (Want a free copy? Check it out here)

And that's just about it.
 But wait! I want to see pictures of your classroom! Leave me a link so I can check it out!

8 comments:

  1. It looks amazing Em! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are doing so efforts to teach kid. These pics are so amazing Vero Beach Tutoring Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post, I always appreciate topics like this being discussed to us. Jupiter Island Tutoring Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its wonderful blog really very nice site and blog facility.every title is very nice and very fatastic concept.Palm Beach Tutoring Thanks for sharing the information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here i found nice environment to get new ideas and views and the i have read the comments of this blog Boca Raton Tutoring and these are really nice and it is glad to comment here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve desired to post about something similar to this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. Academy in Oakland Park, Fl Cool Mat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your beautiful family!Balancing pregnancy, motherhood, and starting a preschool—now that's superwoman-level multitasking! Wishing you all the strength, joy, and success on this incredible journey. Now have look at hair rejuvenation clinic

    ReplyDelete

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss

Thank YOU for commenting on my often-nonsense!